I was thrilled to be asked to participate in APQ's blog tour featuring their super easy, super fantastic pillowcase patterns. I used two lovely fabrics from one of Ro Gregg's lines for FabriQuilt to make the basic RollUp pattern. If you haven't used this pattern yet, give it a try. It's the basic - so it is extremely quick - and with the clear instructions on finishing with enclosed seams, the result is a very polished looking pillowcase (if a pillowcase can be polished - well, you know what I mean!).
I followed the step by step instructions (which come with pics - very nice!) - beginning with pinning the main part of the pillowcase up inside the flange (after cutting, of course!). Weird - but this works.
Then you "birth" the base of the pillowcase (sorry - but that's what it makes me think of), with a fully enclosed seam for the flange. Nice, and very neat - no fraying seams!
The result is a beautiful pillowcase! And hint - super wonderful for gift giving! In fact, several years ago, I made seasonal pillowcases as a gift for my niece and nephew. I found holiday fabric for every holiday possible - Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July.....you get the idea. I even found some birthday fabric! So they had pillowcases for almost every month of the year. Fun, right?
And another terrific (aren't you glad I found a new adjective?) use for pillowcases: gift bags! Talk about the gift that keeps on giving - the present inside, and then the uber useful pillowcase. So they can think of you every time they go to sleep!
Please check out the other bloggers that are participating in the APQ Pillowcase Tour:
Blog Participants List:
· Alison Glass (http://alisonglass.com/blog)
· American Patchwork & Quilting (www.allpeoplequilt.com/blog)
· Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister Designs (http://www.meandmysisterdesigns.com/blog/)
· The Benartex Design Team: Sew in Love with Fabric (http://www.sewinlovewithfabric.blogspot.com)
· Debby Kratovil (http://debbykratovilquilts.blogspot.com/)
· Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts (http://www.laundrybasketquilts.net/blog/)
· Heidi Pridemore (http://heidipridemore.blogspot.com)
· How To Sew (www.howtosew.com)
· Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom (http://www.sisboom.com/blog/)
· Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts (http://figtreequilts.typepad.com/my_weblog/)
· Karrie Winters of Freckled Whimsy (http://www.freckledwhimsy.com/)
· Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle (http://www.annkelle.com/category/blog/)
· Linda Carlson (www.lindacarlsonquilts.com)
· Lori Mason (http://www.lorimasondesign.com/news/)
· Modern Quilt Studio (http://craftnectar.com/)
· Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft (http://modernhandcraft.com/)
· Northcott: Patti’s Patchwork (www.pattispatchwork.com)
· Shannon Fabrics: My Cuddle Corner (http://shannonfabrics.com/blog/index/)
· Tammy Silvers (http://www.tamarinis.typepad.com)
· Timeless Treasures: Sew Timeless (http://www.ttfabrics.com/blog/)
· Valori Wells (http://www.valoriwells.com/blog/)
· Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool (http://freespiritfabric.blogspot.com/)
· Wendy Sheppard of Ivory Spring (http://ivoryspring.wordpress.com/)
Two of the gals above are fellow Fabri-Quilt bloggers: Linda Carlson and Heidi Pridemore. Please check out their blogs!
And don't forget about the 1 million Pillowcase Challenge on September 19- 20! Check it out on APQ's website!
Thanks for visiting - and happy stitching!